Call for ArtIsts
Thank you for your interest in Water is Thicker Than Blood, an exhibition at Root Division.
The open call DEADLINE is November 1, 2021.
Root Division invites artists who explore inter-generational and familial traumas, as well as pathways to healing, to apply for Water is Thicker than Blood. This new exhibition, curated by Rachel Poonsiriwong, will take place in January and February of 2022 at Root Division.
This exhibition seeks to feature artists whose work has catalyzed healing following a cultural, emotional or geographical rift. Artworks may address familial grudges, estranged relationships, and unresolved grief. At a collective level, this exhibition aims to depict uncomfortable relationships relating to larger themes of identity and migration. Works presented will mirror common familial fissures, and show how artists have catalyzed healing through different media. The viewer will have an opportunity to interact with the work and open their doors to processing and articulating personal familial traumas.
Artists working in all mediums are welcome to apply.
Exhibition Dates: Jan. 7 – Feb. 12, 2021
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION :
Please complete the digital application form, and submit the required documents.
Deadline for Submission: Monday, November 1, 2021 at 11:59 pm
Email submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Submission Form: please submit the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
2. Images: Up to four jpgs associated conceptually with the open call. Each jpg should be 1200px in the largest dimension, labeled to correspond with the inventory numbers listed on the application (i.e. 01_LastName.jpg). If there is video it should be submitted as a still and as a link to a web-hosted video viewer.
3. Artist Resume: (2 pg. max)
4. Artist Statment: (1 pg. max) Please tell us how your work relates to the theme of the open call.
5. Submission Fee: A $10 fee must be on file by 11/01/21 for the email submission to be considered. E-payment can be made here.