Root Division invites artists working in all genres to submit work for an exhibition called Introductions 2022.
This exhibition will take place September 1 – 23, 2022.
Submission Deadline: Thursday, June 16, 2022 at 11:59pm
▪ Artists must be living in one of 9 counties of the San Francisco Bay Area or Sacramento.
▪ Artwork submitted for review (or work very similar in nature to that submitted) must be available for listed exhibition dates.
▪ Artists cannot have existing gallery representation in the Bay Area.
Submit your Application:
Please complete the online application form by Thursday June 16th at 11:59pm.
You will need:
▪ 4 images (jpegs: 72dpi) AND/OR a link to 3-minute clip of video on Vimeo or other video platform. Please label each jpg as "ImageNumber_Last Name" i.e. "01_Cortez"
▪ Artist CV (1-2 page max)
▪ Artist Statement (1 page max)
All submission payments* must be on file by 06/16/2022 for the online application to be considered.
E-payment can be paid securely online at this link: https://rootdivision.org/civicrm/event/info/?reset=1&id=1623
* Fees go to support stipends for jurors and exhibiting artists as well as the production of a full-color exhibition catalog. In an effort to provide equitable access to this opportunity, artists can request a fee waiver by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Artists selected for the exhibition will be notified in mid-July via email or phone about the inclusion of their work in the show. Representatives from Root Division will conduct studio visits as necessary, but good documentation of work for submission is strongly suggested. **
Please email email@example.com with any questions.