Root Division invites artists working in all genres to submit work for Introductions 2023, the 17th iteration of our annual juried exhibition.
The Introductions exhibition showcases the talent of twelve emerging artists, highlighting artists without gallery representation in the San Francisco Bay Area. Three prominent arts professionals select the artists based on the conceptual and formal strength of their work. The resulting exhibition will feature a diverse range of subject matter and media, including but not limited to video, installation, sculpture, photography and painting.
This presentation is one of the keystones of Root Division’s gallery program, offering artists exposure to the art community and beyond through an exhibition, reception, and a print publication.
Exhibition dates: August 10 – September 16, 2023
Artwork drop-off and installation dates: August 1 – 8, 2023
Deadline to submit: Monday May 15, 2023 at 11:59 pm
2023 JURORS TBA
▪ Artists must be living in one of 9 counties of the San Francisco Bay Area (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, or Sonoma counties). Finalists may be asked to present their work in person at Root Division's studios.
▪ Artwork submitted for review (or work very similar in nature to that submitted) must be available for listed exhibition dates.
▪ Artists cannot have existing gallery representation in the Bay Area.
Instructions for Submiting your Application
The submission is composed of two parts: completing the online application form, and paying the submission fee.
Deadline for Submission: Monday May 15, 2023 at 11:59 pm
To begin your application, read the instructions on the Call for Artists page on our website and then:
1) Submit all required materials in the Digital Application Form (link can be found on the Call for Artists page linked above).
2) Pay the submission fee below.*
*Please note that the $20 fee must be on file by 05/15/23 for the email submission to be considered. E-payment can be made by clicking the "Submit Today" button.
Artists will be notified by June 26, 2023 about inclusion in the exhibition.
Questions and additional materials can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.