Call for ArtIsts: Tending Gardens / Fertile grounds
Root Division invites artists working in all media to submit work for Tending Gardens / Fertile Grounds, to be presented at Root Division in April 2023.
Presented in conjunction with TASTE, Root Division’s annual culinary event, Tending Gardens / Fertile Grounds will feature artists whose work highlights the growth, transformation, and nourishing potential that is possible when things are nurtured and cared for. Artists working directly with plant and food imagery are invited to apply, as well as artists who respond to the theme as a metaphor to explore care, growth, transformation, and nourishment in other ways.
Exhibition dates: April 5 – 27, 2023
Deadline to submit: Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 11:59 pm
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION :
1. Please complete the Digital Application Form, attaching the below documents:
- Images: Up to four jpgs associated conceptually with the open call. Each jpg should be 1200px in the largest dimension, labeled to correspond with the inventory numbers listed on the application (i.e. 01_LastName.jpg). If there is video it should be submitted as a still and as a link to a web-hosted video viewer.
- Artist Resume: (2 pg. max)
- Artist Statment: (1 pg. max) Please tell us how your work relates to the theme of the open call.
2. Please pay the Submission Fee: A $10 fee must be on file by 2/01/23 for the email submission to be considered.
Deadline for Submission: Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 11:59 pm
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and to send any additional application materials to .