Priority Deadline: Thursday, December 15, 2022
Applications received by December 15, 2022 will be given priority consideration.
Projected start date: January 18, 2023 (with paid training starting as early as January 9, 2023).
The Development Coordinator supports the development including fundraising activities and special event support. Root Division staff and its core
CORE DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supports Root Division’s development functions
- Provide support with all fundraising efforts (i.e. grants, donor cultivation, sponsor solicitation, etc)
- Support on donor events and related tasks including outreach, data management, correspondence, and logistics; Help coordinate major fundraising events (TASTE/Art Auction)
- Oversee materials and tasks related to donor management and sponsor outreach including prepping solicitation materials, updating profiles, and support in drafting receipts and thank you letters.
- Support additional fundraising activities including maintaining a grants calendar with deadlines for submissions, contracts, & reports; Research grant/ funding opportunities
- Support contact management database (CIVI CRM) including manual entry of donations, donor contact updates, etc.
- Participate in Root Division events on and offsite to represent and promote the organization
- Support program areas on miscellaneous program development efforts
- General communications including: drafting/prepping content for monthly emails, committee correspondence, quarterly newsletter, and requests for info
Supports outreach and related relationship cultivation
- Serve as an advocate of Root Division’s mission by acting as an ambassador to artists, donors, and sponsors
- Form and maintain partnerships with peer organizations, donors, and related database of contacts
- Support outreach efforts and marketing of all programs; represent Root Division to the public
Overall support in sustaining a thriving, dynamic organization
- Help recruit & coordinate interns/ volunteers for development needs
- Support coordination of thriving Studios Program via participation All Artist Meetings
- Work with staff and board in contributing input and feedback for organizational strategic planning
- Participate in professional development and related trainings as needed.
- Miscellaneous administrative and program support including reception, phone, filing, meeting prep/ set-up, general office/ facility upkeep, and errands.
- Opportunity to participate on RD’s DEI Advisory Committee of Board, Staff, and Studio Artists
* While some of this role can be done remotely, many tasks are based at Root Division’s facility.
ABOUT ROOT DIVISION:
Root Division is a visual arts non-profit that provides discounted and free studio space to emerging visual artists in exchange for volunteer service in the community. Our mission is to empower artists, inspire youth, foster community service, and enrich the Bay Area through engagement in the visual arts. At Root Division, we are committed to creating and supporting an inclusive, accessible organization that intentionally brings together diverse groups of artists and audiences. We condemn and do not tolerate racist, ableist, homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic, sexist, or xenophobic attitudes, structures, or behaviors.
- Bachelor’s degree (or 2 years of equivalent/ related work experience)
- Proven skills in development, admin, and/or communications
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the needs and interests of artists and a diverse audience
- Working knowledge of Google WorkSpace (Google docs & spreadsheets), and Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Strong computer skills, including experience using Google Drive and Dropbox
- 2 years of equivalent/ related work experience in development/ outreach
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Bachelor’s degree in non-profit/ arts administration/ communications or arts related field
- Database experience, specifically with CIVI CRM
- Working knowledge of design software (Adobe CS) and WordPress
- Basic skills for photo documentation
- Grant writing / fundraising experience
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle or other reliable transportation for errands and offsite tasks
- Has a strong interest in learning and being productive; Works well with checklists and spreadsheets.
- Shows personal initiative and ability to work as a member of a team in a creative, fast-paced environment
- Has a strong proven record for the ability to meet deadlines, being organized, and being detail-oriented
- Has an overall enthusiasm for Root Division’s mission and ability to work with various constituencies of all ages & from a wide variety of backgrounds, including students, artists, curators, administrators, and supporters of the organization
This is a part time position (~15-20 hours/ week), which requires at least 2-3 weekdays as well as occasional evenings and weekends, including 2nd Saturdays and fundraising/ special events. There are increased needs and hours and during seasonal fundraisers (April/Oct). Compensation is commensurate with experience, and includes base wage ($22-$25/hr), paid time off, and access to free art classes and professional development activities. Position has potential to grow into a larger role (i.e. Manager) based on experience and ability to learn new skills. Can also be combined with other available part-time roles for full-time position with additional benefits. (See other postings.)
Root Division is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity on our staff team, governing groups, and artist community. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), immigrants, women, and LGBTQ+ candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please send an email to Michelle Mansour, Executive Director to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Subject: Attn: Development Coordinator Search – Your Last Name
- Contact Info: Name, Email, Address, Phone, and website (if applicable)
- Clear and concise 1-page cover letter attached as PDF; Content should include how the candidate will contribute to the mission of diversity and inclusion in our organization
- Recent CV/ Resume attached as PDF
- Optional: Small sample portfolio of any exhibition/ curatorial/ related work (PDF or link)
- 3 References: Contact Name, Title, Phone, Email